Home care nursing is for people who need care at home, temporarily or indefinitely, for a variety of health reasons including:
- Being released from the hospital after surgery or a sudden event such as a stroke or serious injury
- Worsening of a chronic condition that requires a higher level of care than is available at home
- Living with ongoing health issues that are making it difficult to be at home
What services are provided?
Our professionally trained and licensed home care nurses also provide:
- Wound care, intravenous therapy or palliative care
- Health education about chronic diseases and healthy living
- Referrals to other community services such a community rehabilitation or social work services
- Self-care information so that you can live as independently as possible
- Education to enhance your friends’ and family’s abilities to provide care
- Home support services to enable you to care for yourself as much as possible
Home visits for nursing care occur seven days a week. Visits are scheduled in advance according to medical priority and where you live.